- About Us
- Client Zone
- Contact Us
PRINCIPLES OF SS 506 PART 1 STANDARD
SS 506 Part 1 standard specifies requirements and guidelines for OSH performance in accordance with company commitment and OSH policy, complies with local legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organisation subscribes, with overall aim of prevention of death/injury and ill health and continual improvement.
The SS 506 Part 1 standard is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology which encourages the organisation to foster good OSH practices by controlling their OSH risks in consistency with OSH policy and objectives of the company. The following steps form the basic structure of SS 506.
- Plan: Establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance with the organisation’s OSH policy.
- Do: Implement the processes.
- Check: Monitor and measure processes against OSH policy, objectives, legal and other requirements, and report the results or take any necessary corrective action.
- Act: Take actions to continually improve effectiveness and applicability of OSH performance.
BENEFITS OF SS 506 PART 1 STANDARD
- Enhance health and safety working environment
- Enhance company image and brand reputation
- Continual improvement of organisational performance
- Encourage organisations to improve working environment with ensured health and safety for employees
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety towards company’s stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements
- Better management of health and safety risk and potentially reduced public liability
- Build direct pathway towards achieving of bizSAFE STAR
Please write in to DAS for more details