- About Us
- Client Zone
- Contact Us
Principles of ISO 9001
The ISO 9001 standard adopt a process model based approach and is based on the following set of eight quality management principles which are:
- Customer focus: An organisation depends on its customers and should therefore understand current and future customer needs, meet customer requirements and strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Leadership: Leaders establish unity of purpose and direction of an organisation. They should create and maintain the internal environment in which people can become fully involved in achieving an organisation's objectives.
- Involvement: People at all levels are the essence of an organisation and their full involvement enable their abilities to be used for the organisation's benefit.
- Process approach: A desired result is achieved more efficiently when related resources and activities are managed as a process.
- System approach to management: Identifying, understanding and managing a system of interrelated processes as a system contribute to an organisation's effectiveness and efficiency in achieving its objectives.
- Continual improvement: Continual improvement of an organisation's overall performance should be a permanent objective of the organisation.
- Factual approach to decision making: Effective decisions are based on the analysis of data and information.
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships: An organisation and its suppliers are interdependent and a mutually beneficial relationship enhances the ability of both to create value.
Benefits of ISO 9001 standard
- Improve business performance and enhance business competence
- Attract investment and improve brand reputation
- Encourage internal communication and raise morale
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Strengthen effectiveness and efficiency
- Enhance internal effectiveness and improve productivity performance through elimination of unnecessary costs
Please write in to DAS for more details